This fountain comes with either 2 tiers or 3 tiers. The 2 tier is good for up to 150 people and the 3 tier is good for up to 250 people. This fountain requires at least 10 pounds of chocolate initially to get the fountain to “curtain” the chocolate and is available in milk or dark. Chocolate MUST be purchased from All Seasons Rent All to insure the proper type of chocolate is used in the fountain. Please give us a call for current chocolate pricing.
CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for renting your chocolate fountain from All Seasons RentAll. Please take the time to read these instructions so you may enjoy your event to the fullest. The chocolate must be purchased from us to avoid strain on the auger and motor. Extra product can be taken and returned if unopened and not damaged.
Your fountain comes to you clean and ready for use.
Short 12” Auger: This size is for up to 100 people and uses approximately 10-15 pounds of chocolate
Large 18” Auger: This size is for up to 300 people and uses approximately 13-18 pounds of chocolate.
- Preheat the fountain by turning the heat knob to LOW for 5 to 10 minutes before putting the melted chocolate into the fountain and left on LOW for 10 more minutes after the chocolate has been poured in. After this time period, the heat should be turned OFF until more heat is needed as explained below.
- Heat the chocolate in its container in the microwave to pre-melt it. Place container in microwave on medium power. Knead contents every 60 seconds until liquid. Chocolate will stay liquid at room temperature for approx 2 hours.
- Once the chocolate has been poured into the fountain, turn the “ON/OFF” switch to ON to start the auger. Do not have chocolate in the fountain without the auger running!!!
- If necessary, the pre-melted chocolate can be added to the fountain during use while the auger is running.
- If the chocolate starts to cool, or get a “skin” on top, turn the heat dial to LOW for 5 to 10 minutes, or until chocolate is melted again. DO NOT LEAVE HEAT ON FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES AT A TIME!!!
- Warning: If the auger is off for more than a few minutes and the chocolate in the auger has started to harden, the auger should not be restarted until the auger tube has been cleaned. Forcing the auger to spin in hardened chocolate could damage the motor. The fountain is equipped with a 10 amp fuse which is designed to turn off the motor if it is experiencing undue strain.
- If the auger has to be removed, it must be removed by lifting it straight up. DO NOT try to rock the auger tube or the auger back and forth as this will damage the fountain.
- The feet on the fountain are adjustable to level the fountain for an even and consistent flow. Allow at least ¼” from the surface to the base to allow the motor to properly cool itself.
- All Seasons RentAll will clean the fountain. Dispose of the left over chocolate in a trash bag to avoid a cleaning charge. Placing chocolate down the drain will clog your sink. Do not immerse the fountain in water. There will be a minimum additional cleaning charge if the fountain is returned with excess chocolate.